Castle Hill Ecology is an independent ecological consultancy offering a range of ecological services, either as a sub-contractor to other consultancies or working directly with clients. Our efficient, cost-effective and detailed survey work can support planning applications and development projects or inform conservation projects and research.
Based in Cambridge, we carry out a range of protected species and habitat surveys as well as ecological mitigation and habitat enhancement works, offering support and advice during any stage of a project. Castle Hill Ecology offers the following services:
- Phase 1 Habitat survey
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisal
- Hedgerow survey and assessment
- HSI assessments and eDNA survey for great crested newt
- Building/structure inspection for bats
- Ground based tree assessments and aerial climbing inspections for bats
- Emergence/re-entry and activity transect surveys for bats
- Presence/absence surveys for great crested newt, amphibians and reptiles
- Dormouse monitoring and surveying
- Nesting bird checks
- Reptile and amphibian translocation and mitigation
- Destructive habitat searches
- Supervised roof strips for bats
- Ecological clerk of works
- Technical report writing
We collaborate with experienced associate ecologists for larger or specialised projects, such as mist netting and harp trapping for bats, NVC surveys or breeding bird surveys, and we have dedicated seasonal survey assistants to offer support whilst undertaking fieldwork.
The main regions covered by Castle Hill Ecology include Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire, London, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey, Sussex, and Kent, although we are willing to work further away should the opportunity arise.
If you have any queries or need help with a project, please get in touch.